If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(wndu.com)   Indiana town councilman gets beatdown from police force at budget meeting (with video)   (wndu.com) divider line 284
    More: Scary  
•       •       •

15786 clicks; posted to Main » on 15 Sep 2007 at 12:00 AM (6 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»



284 Comments   (+0 »)
   

Archived thread

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | » | Last | Show all
 
2007-09-14 10:14:04 PM
This needs to go National like the asshat "I can find 9 things" cop video did! Maybe if the country see's that this is typical police behavior they might bring in the reigns.

/not subby
 
2007-09-14 10:28:01 PM
FTFA: "The malay started becacause"

huh?
 
2007-09-14 10:28:49 PM
I think there was too much force used. I think he said something to the cop and the cop oopsy daisied him into the door. Cop will get a few days off is my guess.
 
2007-09-14 10:31:00 PM
Thou dost protest too much!
 
2007-09-14 10:44:53 PM
panfried: This needs to go National like the asshat "I can find 9 things" cop video did! Maybe if the country see's that this is typical hippie political whackjob police behavior they might bring in the reigns.

/billyclubs for peace
 
d23 [TotalFark]
2007-09-14 11:09:09 PM
oops. lost his cool ON TAPE. Cop does a beat down and throws the beatee in jail on Disorderly Conduct... what a surprise.
 
2007-09-14 11:30:28 PM
Cops are heroes.
 
2007-09-14 11:57:02 PM
Bucky Katt: FTFA: "The malay started becacause"

huh?


Yeah, think the journo meant "melee," as in "A violent free-for-all," as opposed to "malay," as in "the dominant population of the Malay Peninsula and adjacent islands."

Either way, not surprised to see this happen in Roseland - the place was a bit of a hole last time I was there.
 
2007-09-15 12:02:31 AM
No defending that. Cop's got the dude pinned down, face down, and is just punching him over and over.

99% of the cops out there make the other 1% look bad.
 
2007-09-15 12:04:53 AM
Bucky Katt: FTFA: "The malay started becacause"

huh?


The article is actually talking about the history of the Malaysian people?
 
2007-09-15 12:07:36 AM
SchlingFo: 99% of the cops out there make the other 1% look bad.

You know what they say: a few bad orchards....
 
2007-09-15 12:08:27 AM
SchlingFo: No defending that. Cop's got the dude pinned down, face down, and is just punching him over and over.

99% of the cops out there make the other 1% look bad.


Where did you see that video I keep getting the one with the old guy talking
 
2007-09-15 12:09:10 AM
drjekel_mrhyde: Where did you see that video I keep getting the one with the old guy talking

I clicked on the "Raw video" link.

Then, the window in the upper right showed the video.
 
2007-09-15 12:09:26 AM
Anyone hear the woman muttering "Hit him! Hit him for my dad". Methinks there's some weird stuff going on in this town.
 
2007-09-15 12:09:52 AM
Civil disobedience is still disobedience.

/maddox
 
2007-09-15 12:10:22 AM

Y'all are brutalizin' me!


us.movies1.yimg.com

 
2007-09-15 12:10:57 AM
Cue the "You're Doing It Wrong" photos
 
2007-09-15 12:11:57 AM
drjekel_mrhyde: SchlingFo: No defending that. Cop's got the dude pinned down, face down, and is just punching him over and over.

99% of the cops out there make the other 1% look bad.

Where did you see that video I keep getting the one with the old guy talking


forget that I found it
The guy did nothing but turn around and talk shyt then the cop pushed him and started punching
 
2007-09-15 12:11:57 AM
"Who hit you Jack? Did you trip and fall?"
Just five seconds after we see him punching the guy on the ground.

Grande huevos
 
d23 [TotalFark]
2007-09-15 12:13:30 AM
the comments are quite telling... it looks like all of these people are part of their own little banana republic.
 
2007-09-15 12:13:39 AM
Bucky Katt: FTFA: "The malay started becacause"

huh?


i223.photobucket.com

becacause?

 
2007-09-15 12:15:01 AM
This is probably one of the most screwed up towns in northern indiana-southern michigan--which is saying a lot. Those of us who live in South Bend or thereabouts love to sit and laugh at the zany antics of the Snyders. Those who live in Roseland (and likely the police included) are just waiting for a good excuse to throw them in jail. Either way, nobody's losing any sleep over this guy getting beat down, except when they regret they couldn't get his wife too. Town Council meetings were never so much fun!

/bypass roseland if you ever come through
//the town's built as a speed trap
 
2007-09-15 12:15:51 AM
I'm a Malay , so I'm getting a kick out of these replies.
 
2007-09-15 12:16:00 AM
 
2007-09-15 12:17:15 AM
Holy crap! That commercial is crazy catchy!
 
2007-09-15 12:18:05 AM
SchlingFo: No defending that. Cop's got the dude pinned down, face down, and is just punching him over and over.

99% of the cops out there make the other 1% look bad.



THIS
 
2007-09-15 12:18:26 AM
In Des Moines Iowa they wait until they get you in the elevator. A lot of people slip and "fall" in that elevator, some even break bones! Too bad it is about the only place that does not have any cameras?
 
2007-09-15 12:19:54 AM
Is it just me or do all the videos link to "Ted Penn's reaction"? Who cares what some old guy thinks? I wanna see the fat guy get wonked by police!
 
2007-09-15 12:20:07 AM
Who cares. R and B is where I wanna be...

Anyone else hear "Killer" when this dude is saying "Tiller"?
 
2007-09-15 12:21:15 AM
Any one else catch the woman say "get him for my dad"?

Small towns are hilarious
 
2007-09-15 12:23:22 AM
Haywardian: why the officer hates him

Sounds like one farked up little town. Still, that was really an excessive use of force on the part of the officer.
 
2007-09-15 12:24:23 AM
What is up with all the img1.fark.com tags lately

/it's img1.fark.com
 
2007-09-15 12:25:02 AM
Good god, I can't believe someone would just watch the police whaling on a guy and keep saying 'just let the police handle it.' I mean, at the very least, I'd be calling for someone else to call cops from some other organization, as the cops present are actively breaking the law.
 
2007-09-15 12:25:38 AM
Bonanza Jellybean: Still, that was really an excessive use of force on the part of the officer.

Actually, that's called assault and battery.

It's not legal to beat the piss out of someone who pisses you off, even if you're a cop.
 
2007-09-15 12:25:48 AM
I live in south bend, which isn't more than fifteen minutes from there, and I can tell you that everyone from there to here finds this absolutely awesome.

(Sadly, my mother's maiden name is Snyder, but that's not something she mentions while near Roseland.)

Seriously, look at some other stories (and god help you, some videos) of Roseland's town council meetings from the past year. They are things of legend.

/you seriously don't know how awesome this is for me.
 
2007-09-15 12:27:05 AM
Brings back memories. The officer just standing there... I've been in his shoes. After it was all done I told the other guy "I didn't know whether to assist you or to shoot you".
 
2007-09-15 12:28:56 AM
underneath the video screen are several screen caps. Click on the second from the right.
The cop threw the first smackdown, right before he went off camera. The guy wouldn't have had much time to hit back.
What a bunch of farktards.
 
2007-09-15 12:30:19 AM
From TFA:

Watch the video to see for yourself what happened tonight in Roseland. Be sure to leave your comments on what you think about the latest rumble in Roseland.

hehe...
 
2007-09-15 12:31:32 AM
v a href="http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070818/News01 /708180317/0/BIZ">Read this story, and things become a little clearer as to why the officer hates him

Now isn't that interesting. Felony assault charges better be brought against this pig.
 
2007-09-15 12:31:44 AM
As a resident of Michiana I'm really getting a kick out of these replies

/Elkhart
 
2007-09-15 12:32:26 AM
Mr. Snyder is now in a position to further bankrupt the town. The video makes it clear, the officer assaulted a man in his custody. God, you can only hope to have that kind of video evidence on your side when a cop pulls that on you.

The cop will be charged. And I sure as hell would file a lawsuit.


Haha, I love that guy on the video screaming "let the police handle it" over and over.

The police weren't so much handling it as they were "beating" a handcuffed man.
 
2007-09-15 12:32:34 AM
Now with correctional goodness:

Haywardian Read this story, and things become a little clearer as to why the officer hates him

Now isn't that interesting. Felony assault charges better be brought against this pig.
 
2007-09-15 12:34:44 AM
Mr. Krinkle: Brings back memories. The officer just standing there... I've been in his shoes. After it was all done I told the other guy "I didn't know whether to assist you or to shoot you".

I'd say you farkers covering for the cops breaking the law are worse than the ones breaking the law.

I can only hope that you were fired.
 
2007-09-15 12:36:04 AM
Have you ever read one article, then accidently clicked on the comment thread for a different article? I just read the donkey in the well article, then click on this comment thread, and ended up very, very confused.
 
2007-09-15 12:37:20 AM
Link (new window)

Just in case you're all interested as to some of the back story.
 
2007-09-15 12:40:14 AM
And for the record, if anyone cares, the flag on the arresting officer's arm is facing the wrong direction.
/flag police
 
2007-09-15 12:40:34 AM
(also, my grammar appears to have died in that last sentence.)
 
2007-09-15 12:41:11 AM
Haywardian Read this story, and things become a little clearer as to why the officer hates him

You don't get to hit everyone you hate, even if you're a cop. I understand that the guy getting hit was a douchebag, but what about the guy the cop beat down before him... or the guy after him... The reality is that this cop clearly can't control his temper, and anyone he runs across is going to be subject to the beatdown... regardless of which douchebag he unloads on, the next person may just as well be some polite motorist, maybe you... maybe your wife... maybe your kid. Don't be an enabler of people like this officer; failure to discipline him and kick him off the force only tells him and others that it's ok to beat on people you don't like, creating an even more adversarial cop v. citizen mentality...
 
2007-09-15 12:41:31 AM
You know, every day I think to myself, "surely, things can't get more messed up in this country." But of course, crap like this keeps on happening...
 
2007-09-15 12:42:06 AM
Farking stupid cops. They all think they are so special. Woo hoo, we get to beat up and scare the s*it out of people for a living. Our mothers are SO proud of us.
 
Displayed 50 of 284 comments

First | « | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | » | Last | Show all



This thread is archived, and closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report