If you can read this, either the style sheet didn't load or you have an older browser that doesn't support style sheets. Try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.

(CNN) NewsFlash Bush: 155, Kerry: 112   (cnn.com) divider line 961
    More: NewsFlash  
•       •       •

13326 clicks; posted to Main » on 02 Nov 2004 at 9:02 PM (9 years ago)   |  Favorite    |   share:  Share on Twitter share via Email Share on Facebook   more»


Want to get NewsFlash notifications in email?

961 Comments   (+0 »)
   

Archived thread

First | « | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | » | Last | Show all
 
2004-11-02 11:15:16 PM
Swindmill:

> huchipapa - my point is that educated people are
> generally not narrow-minded enough to vote for Bush.
> Because you can name a few people with PhD's that are
> voting for Bush says nothing. I'd be intereste to hear
> what those degrees are in thgough.
>
> Moron


B.S. in physics/astronomy, M.S.E. in aerospace engineering, voted for Bush.
 
2004-11-02 11:15:17 PM
"....I know from experience that a JD does not take an intellect to obtain..." --Swindmill--


Why? did you manage to get one from some "jr" law school?

Sorry. While I usually just lurk, I sometimes have to come out to defend things such as my degree....
 
2004-11-02 11:15:22 PM
Swindmill = obviously drunk (and sobbing)
 
2004-11-02 11:15:41 PM
OldButFast is competing with Mike_71 as "retard of the year"

funny how both never post in the same thread

hmm..
 
2004-11-02 11:15:42 PM
I can't see how anyone could dispute this, and I can't see how it doesn't sicken anyone here. The man ran a fear campaign. "We are safer because of me. We are all going to die." God. Dammit. What is wrong with people...

Bush couldn't protect his throat from a pretzel. And I seriously doubt he could protect anybodies family from a water balloon.
 
2004-11-02 11:15:43 PM
okay, why are there so many farkers who like to talk on here about going to Canada, yet they should be in the other room packing their bags or at least looking up how to go about moving there.
 
2004-11-02 11:15:46 PM
D23, no need to be bitter.
 
2004-11-02 11:16:15 PM
>>Right now, I hate George Bush and I hate the people who voted for him. I am ashamed of it, but it is true.<<

Aww. But I like yooouuuu!

Anyhow, doc, settle your ass down and think rationally. The world won't end if Bush is still president. You won't like it, but damn, I think you and others like you are like people who start buying their casket before the results of the HIV test come back.
 
2004-11-02 11:16:25 PM
Artimon: Sorry. I, like Hollywood, am out of ideas.

Does Kerry still have a chance?
 
2004-11-02 11:16:31 PM
Is it just me, or does criticizing another person's vote seem really ignorant? Especially when you sit and lecture them on how wrong it was to vote that way.

Or maybe I'm just tired of watching such a polarized political atmosphere.
 
2004-11-02 11:16:34 PM
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/president/

Bush: 197
Kerry: 188

PA and CA just reported in favor of Kerry. Are the neocons ready to move to Mexico if Kerry wins?
 
2004-11-02 11:16:37 PM
Do you anti-Bush people realise that ONE reason why we attacked IRAQ and went to Afghanistan is that we brought the fight to the terrorist? We are fighting them on their soil not ours. I am not defending the war or anythign else, but keep this in mind, Which is better our children A.K.A Soldiers dieing over seas or our children A.K.A kids dieing on our street with Buses blowing up, and shiat we see on the news every day in other countries. I do not say this to swing your vote, just wanted you to keep this in mind.
 
2004-11-02 11:16:54 PM
Alan Keyes moves like a Weebl
 
2004-11-02 11:17:22 PM
Ah, screw this. I'm taking a 15 minute break to watch that episode of Harvey Birdman.
 
2004-11-02 11:17:22 PM
Everybody is so bitter... I hope Kerry and Bush both win. Then Fark will be united.
 
2004-11-02 11:17:32 PM
wld,

just saw that too. u in IL, or is that on national news?
 
2004-11-02 11:17:33 PM
2004-11-02 11:13:06 PM absolutben [TotalFark]

Then why didn't we go in and take out Stalin? If we're supposed to take out every foreign leader that we don't happen to approve of, why not Stalin? Stalin killed more people than Hitler. Stalin killed over 20 MILLION people, while Hitler killed 'only' around 6 million.

So, using your logic, why didn't we take out Stalin instead of Hitler?
 
2004-11-02 11:18:06 PM
2004-11-02 11:13:04 PM greenpants


How much does one candidate have to win by to not have the other side say the election was stolen?

/curious

Silly rabbit! One candidate could win by, say, 20% of the popular vote, a good 50 or 60 electoral votes, and you'd still hear it this year.

/if I didn't have to drive back to San Diego from LA tonight, I'd drink myself into a coma.
 
2004-11-02 11:18:29 PM
OLDBUTFAST:

deny that you claimed to be black when someone accused you of being racist. What's that, you can't? I'm not drunk or sobbing, I'm pondering the ignorance of the people in this country that don't realize what voting for Bush says about this country. Back to you, you are a liar, and too many people here know it.
 
2004-11-02 11:18:31 PM
So, using your logic, why didn't we take out Stalin instead of Hitler?

Call of Duty is a rockin' good game.
 
2004-11-02 11:18:46 PM
incrdbil the yahoo boards are easy fishing grounds.

sounds fun. you got a link? I'm not a yahoo person.
 
2004-11-02 11:18:47 PM
All of the dems and libs are bailing off the Kerry wagon faster than the Packer wagon.
 
2004-11-02 11:18:47 PM
PA and CA just reported in favor of Kerry. Are the neocons ready to move to Mexico if Kerry wins?

Never heard any say they would. Neocons generally don't stick their tail between their legs and pout anytime they lose a fight.

/libertarian
 
d23 [TotalFark]
2004-11-02 11:18:48 PM
damitjim

I won't be bitter until the election is OVER, thank you.

As far as I can see there have been no states that switched sides from 2000 yet. When that starts happening THEN you start to call the election.
 
2004-11-02 11:18:49 PM
I_B_OTAY: Ummmm... Iraq was NOT a hotbed of terrorism until we made it into one. Don't dilute yourself. Afghanistan, yes... definately a good place to go after terrorism... Iraq... No... Iraq was NOT about terrorism...
 
2004-11-02 11:18:50 PM
As a Canadian, I want whoever won't get my country bombed by stupid foreign policy.

Do I have a chance?
 
2004-11-02 11:18:54 PM
The world supported the US without blinking their eyes when they entered Afghanistan. All allies contributed, but then came Iraq....why the sudden change?
 
2004-11-02 11:18:55 PM
huchipapa
Swindmill
I have a doctorate, and I voted for Bush. My wife is finishing her doctorate, and she voted for Bush. My sister, the big time professor, voted for Bush. So did her husband, the school district superintendent. And likewise my kid brother, who, as an individual with a 1-year vocational certificate, makes more money than any of the others. What's your point?


You have a family of well educated idiots?
 
2004-11-02 11:19:07 PM
Itchycoo, was on MSNBC.
 
2004-11-02 11:19:11 PM
Hitler was the bigger threat, also an enemy of an enemy is a friend of mine.
 
2004-11-02 11:19:13 PM
Relax, Trekkiebear. Don't demonize the opposition. Bush, Kerry; my deepest concern is for procedural legitimacy.
 
2004-11-02 11:19:14 PM
Crimson Rider

I understand your feelings.

Do you HONESTLY think that the supporters of the
President aer Truely ignorant. If you are surrounded
by people that disagree with you - at SOME POINT you
need to wonder WHO IS MISLED.

I get the 'heeby geebies' listening to KERRY on
one issue one day and the other the next. It
clearly shows me that he has no core beliefes and
is exactly like a car salesman in an orange polyester
suit - telling my "what a great choice I made with
this car"

Dude. If Kerry wins he will be MY PRESIDENT.

I believe him to be wrong for this country.

If Bush wins, try to UN DO all of the DAMMAGE
that has been done from reading email from Moveon.org,
Michael Moore, John Stewart, Dan Rather ....

and try to get back into REALITY,

Please.
 
2004-11-02 11:19:15 PM
I love leftist scare mongering.. oh noes.. we're all going to be blowed up by bushh!!11!1
 
2004-11-02 11:19:16 PM
in the areas where newly registered and in some cases minority voters are still standing in line, provisions have been made to allow them to vote. Once all of these are counted, you will have your next president.

John F. Kerry
 
2004-11-02 11:19:17 PM
you know, Zogby hasn't gotten a single state wrong yet and he's predicting a Kerry win... looks like it hinges on FL and OH, though.
 
2004-11-02 11:19:19 PM
D23, Calling us "NUTJOBS" sure sounds bitter to me.
 
2004-11-02 11:19:22 PM
Well Hitler got elected.... im sure alot olot of highly educated people voted for him....see we im going here...huh?

Hitler never got elected. He never got a majority. He was appointed Chancellor and then Wilhelm got dead. Then Hitler faked the burning of the Reichstag and Hitler issued an emergency order to run the country and EVERYTHING was derived from that order.

Don't they teach history in college anymore?
 
2004-11-02 11:19:24 PM
2004-11-02 11:13:47 PM Crimson Rider
It's like watching a horror movie. I literally get chills when I see Bush and hear just how many are voting for him. It feels very surreal. I am completely astounded at the wide spread ignorance in our country. What is going on?!
___________________________________________________________

It's like watching a horror movie. I literally get chills when I see Kerry and hear just how many are voting for him. It feels very surreal. I am completely astounded at the wide spread ignorance in our country. What is going on?!
 
2004-11-02 11:19:30 PM
CNN - absentee ballots in FL may not be completely tallied until Thursday.
 
2004-11-02 11:19:42 PM
*knock knock*

Is this the flamewar thread?
 
2004-11-02 11:19:48 PM
I_B_OTAY

Another victim of the Bush-brainwash-cult.

But, hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.
 
d23 [TotalFark]
2004-11-02 11:19:52 PM
Neocons generally don't stick their tail between their legs and pout anytime they lose a fight.

Hehehe.. you're right. They just look into the camera and smirk or sneer...
 
2004-11-02 11:19:56 PM
How much does one candidate have to win by to not have the other side say the election was stolen?


Many Democrats i've spoken to will never admit the election wasn't stolen no matter how much they lose by.
 
2004-11-02 11:19:59 PM
I_B_OTAY

Do you anti-Bush people realise that ONE reason why we attacked IRAQ and went to Afghanistan is that we brought the fight to the terrorist?

That is such a tired right-wing talking point. Leave Iraq out of your sentence and I might just be inclined to go along with that.

Attacking Iraq as we did is an impeachable blunder.
 
2004-11-02 11:20:02 PM
Round trips to Amsterdam are $400ish right now. It sounds really good.
 
2004-11-02 11:20:14 PM
Swindmill

"my point is that educated people are generally not narrow-minded enough to vote for Bush."

People who do not graduate high school, do not go to college, or obtain a post-graduate degree are normally Democrats.

People who've been to college but do not continue after getting a degree are normally Republican. This population is a little over 50% of the American population. (It includes those who do not graduate.)

Saying that Democrats are more educated is BS. They hold the two education extremes.
 
2004-11-02 11:20:15 PM
Goodfella-
Too many reasons to list here.
 
2004-11-02 11:20:15 PM
And not that I let popular opinion sway me one way or the other, but the arrogance I've encountered from Kerry supporters - the same shiat I read day in and day out on Fark - where "anybody who supports Bush is a know-nothing idiot" seems to be a call to arms... well, it's ticked me off. I appreciate that you feel strongly about your views. But don't crap all over me because I have a view that differs from yours, or is at least not as cut and dry. Living in New York City hasn't made it any easier. Hearing this sort of thing at the office and from friends has forced me to take a hard look at my political views, and in many ways the oversimplification by younger voters of the issues has reaffirmed my views.

That being said; I voted for Kerry. But not because I think Bush is an inbred war-mongering draft dodger, but because I looked at the facts and made an informed decision.

Should Kerry win, I will not join the office celebration, toasting the end of the Bush regime. I'm disappointed in him, no doubt, and made the toughest decision of my young voting life. I just don't take to the extremeist bullshiat that has pervaded this election, the with us or against us approach.

This isn't a football game, after all.


Amen brother to that and the rest, I voted Bush though and for my own well-thought out reasons. My family is rabidly pro-Bush and while ultimately I feel I picked the lesser of two evils as I am sure many others did I can at least civilly respect people who have a differing opinion.

I don't post on fark but your post reflects pretty well my sentiment with the rest of the BS I see flung around here and at home.

/flame on
 
2004-11-02 11:20:37 PM
JohnnyC: Iraq was full of terrorist training camps, but terrorist never went there. And I am not diluting myself, I was just bringin up another point.
 
2004-11-02 11:20:42 PM
2004-11-02 11:18:54 PM Tyekanik
The world supported the US without blinking their eyes when they entered Afghanistan. All allies contributed, but then came Iraq....why the sudden change?


The reason many of us have been saying all along. We went to Afghanistan to fight Al-Qaeda and the Taliban--the ones responsible for the Sep. 11 attacks. Iraq, however, had nothing to do with the attacks and no proof of WMDs.
 
Displayed 50 of 961 comments

First | « | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | » | Last | Show all



This thread is archived, and closed to new comments.

Continue Farking
Submit a Link »






Report